The Wilton-Lyndeborough Cooperative School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status in its administration of educational programs, activities or employment practice.
Director of Student Support Services
The Wilton-Lyndeborough Cooperative School District is seeking a strong educational leader to fill the position of Director of Student Support Services. Wilton-Lyndeborough is a school district of approximately 550 students with a special needs population of about 20%. The Director of Student Support Services is responsible to coordinate all programs for special needs students in and out of district including an internal program for students identified with autism.
To provide leadership, consultation service and administrative skills in coordinating selected special education programs to ensure students achieve their IEP goals and work with staff to ensure students are making adequate annual educational progress.
The successful candidate will have:
- New Hampshire Certification as a Special Education Administrator or proof of eligibility
- Preferred central office experience or successful department head experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Special Education or school administration
- Knowledge of laws and recent trends in serving special needs students
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of leadership and team building
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with parents
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with teachers, administrators and para-educators
- An understanding of fiscal responsibilities and long term planning
The position reports to the Superintendent of Schools. Starting in the 2019-20 school year.
The Director supervises:
- Teachers (in coordination with building Principals)
- Service Providers
- Para-educators (in coordination with building Principals)
- ABA and RBT Therapists
- Provide technical assistance pertaining to state and federal rules and regulations to parents and other community members.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with parent concerns.
- Use long-range planning for the delivery of special education programs and services to meet the needs of students.
- Develop and implement professional development activities for special education staff.
- Manage federal entitlement grants.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in the budget process.
- Works collaboratively with building principals to support IEP students in an inclusion environment. Exercise general supervision over the identification, referral, evaluation and program planning for all children in need of special education services.
- Determine the placement of children in need of special education services in out-of-district programs in accordance with the Evaluation Team’s decision.
- Maintain a current list and description of programs and options available for children in need of special education as described in federal and state regulations.
- Prepare and submit to the Superintendent of Schools a proposed budget for the operation of special education programs and services.
- Supervise all special education personnel in the school district, in cooperation with the Building Principals, including classroom observations and staff evaluation.
- Evaluate existing programs and recommend changes and/or additions which reflect new educational thought and practices.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of in-service training to improve and increase knowledge of special education in accordance with state and federal regulations for regional school district faculty, staff, administration, and parent.
- Oversee and provide direction to the school psychologist, the behavior counselors, speech and language pathologist, physical and occupational therapist, special education coordinators and other specialists/related services consultants.
- Ensure the District that IEPs are written to address all of the student’s identified special education and related service needs and that the needed services and placement is based on the student’s unique needs and not on the student’s disability or school programs.
- Coordinate the transportation of special needs students as required by law.
This is a full year position with a competitive salary and full benefit package. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Apply through www.schoolspring.com using job id 3050545.
District Food Service Substitute
As needed, (fill in position) school year, PT, experience preferred but not required. Interested applicants can apply by mailing an SAU employment application, resume and 3 letters of reference to the Wilton-Lyndeborough Cooperative School District 192 Forest Road, Lyndeborough NH 03082. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Substitute Registered NursesNurses needed to fill in on an "as needed" basis. Must hold a NH nursing license. School experience preferred but will train. For additional information and details, please contact the SAU office at 654-8082.
Contracted Service-District Wide
- NH certification as school psychologist needed.
- Experience with public schools and various testing batteries
Applications will be accepted through Schoolspring until position is filled. To apply follow this link www.schoolspring.com and use job id 3043764.
ABA TherapistSchool year-175 daysPrevious Special Education experience and ABA teaching preferred. Must have a strong desire to work with young children. Pay-$20-$25 p/h.
Job: To implement a skill based program that is based in the principles of applied behavior analysis. This work is performed under the direct supervision of a BCBA. Must be able to incorporate specific educational objectives into context of ongoing activities, create opportunities for generalization and maintenance of skills, data collection on targeted skills, and maintain high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality. Interested applicants can apply through Schoolspring at www.schoolspring.com using job id 3038090 until filled.
Special Education Administrative Assistant-Long-term Substitute
Successful candidate is organized, pays close attention to details and timelines, and maintains confidentiality. Knowledge of special education, Medicaid billing and familiarity with iVisions software is a plus. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Apply through www.schoolspring.com using job id 3049342.
Wilton-Lyndeborough Cooperative Middle/High School has the following coaching vacancies for the 2018-2019 school year.
Spring 2019 Season:
- Middle School Baseball
If team participation is 14 or less the expectation is the coach drives a van with the team for transportation.
Submit letter of interest, resume, letter of recommendation to Brice Miller-Athletic Director, WLC MS/HS 57 School Road, Wilton NH 03086 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steve's School Bus Service Inc. Wilton and Lyndeborough's regular school transportation provider has openings for school bus drivers. Willing to train anyone interested and qualified. To apply for these positions you need a clean driving and criminal record. Applicants will need to have a CDL with a school bus and passenger endorsements. Interested applicants should call Steve at 654-7035 or 261-6750 to set up and interview.